Summer courses are now available to faculty in Canvas. All SSU courses will be exclusively on Canvas starting Summer 2019. Moodle will remain available to conclude teaching Spring 2019 courses. This is your last friendly reminder that after May 23rd, Canvas will become the only LMS supported by SSU for teaching.
Important Summer Dates to Consider when Planning Communication with Students
- May 20 - Canvas Communications Start Date: As Summer will be the first term where all courses will be on Canvas, we recommend teachers reach out to their students in advance of instruction, but after May 20, 2019. Please be advised, communications via Canvas will not go out until May 20th, provided a course page has been published by the faculty member
- May 24 - Campus Email and Calendar Migration: SSU will migrate all of our university email and calendaring from Microsoft Exchange to Google. This change impacts faculty, staff, and students, so please keep this in mind as you plan your Summer communication to students. For more information about the G-Suite migration, please refer to the G-Suite How Tos and FAQs on the IT website
Canvas Release Notes
The New Canvas Gradebook will become the default gradebook in all courses starting this summer. Review the “How do I use the New Gradebook?” guide to learn about all the new handy features.
Get Help With Your Transition To Canvas This Summer
- Attend the in-person workshop series scheduled just in time to prepare your summer courses: Tues, May 14 - Thurs, May 16 in Schulz 2007. Please complete the workshop RSVP form as space is limited
- Visit the SSU Canvas Support Center for FAQs, how-to videos, migration updates, and feature changes
- Contact the Faculty Center to schedule a consultation or submit an inquiry
Your Faculty Center Staff