All SSU courses will be exclusively on Canvas starting Summer 2019, and courses will be available to faculty beginning May 4th in Canvas. Moodle will remain available to conclude teaching Spring 2019 courses. At the conclusion of Spring 2019, we look forward to assisting you with your transition to the new LMS.
After May 23rd, Canvas will become the only LMS supported by SSU for teaching.
In order to facilitate your final transition to Canvas, please review the following regarding Moodle Archives:
- Moodle C (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018)
- Presently identified as “Moodle Archive”, course data available via Web Portal until May 23, 2019
- After May 23, 2019, data is available by request only via the Faculty Center
- Moodle A (Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019)
- Archive data available via Web Portal until September 29, 2019, identified as “Moodle Archive” after May 23, 2019
- After September 29, 2019, faculty can access Archive data in person at the Faculty Center until May 2020
- Beginning June 2020, Archive data by request only via the Faculty Center
- As best practice, faculty are encouraged to store personal copies of their Moodle Archives on personal or cloud storage by September 28, 2019
Take the first steps today to switch to Canvas:
- Sign up for a Canvas workshop and learn the basics
- Request a one-on-one consultation with a Faculty Center staff member
- Read through this Moodle to Canvas course migration how-to guide
As Summer will be the first term where all courses will be on Canvas, we recommend teachers reach out to their students in advance of instruction, but after May 20, 2019. Please be advised, communications via Canvas will not go out until May 20th, provided a course page has been published by the faculty member.
You are encouraged to attend the in-person workshop series taking place the week prior to start of instruction: Tues, May 14 - Thurs, May 16 in Schulz 2007. Please register for the workshop using this RSVP form, as space is limited.
Finally, the Faculty Center has moved; you may now find us on the second floor of the library, in Schulz 2009.
Your Faculty Center Staff
Looking for even more support? Check out this list of additional resources: